03 DX Value Co-creation
06 Corporate Governanceス
Ensuring Business Ethics, Compliance and Anti-corruption
All Sun* Group employees shall keep in mind when conducting themselves that "ethical, conscience-based judgments" are the basis of our business. We shall aim to build a fair workplace, develop sound business relationships, and through our work, contribute to the development of society. Based on this general policy, we have established 10 basic principles that form the basis of our daily activities and that have been designated as the principles of the Group's Code of Ethics.
- 1. We shall conduct sound business operations, with full awareness of our social responsibility and public mission in relation to our business.
- 2. We shall comply with laws and regulations including the underlying spirit of legislation.
- 3. We shall conduct business fairly and transparently, based on the principle of self-responsibility.
- 4. We shall place priority on the safety and satisfaction of our clients, and diligently provide products and services at a fair price.
- 5. We shall respect human rights and the individual rights of all related persons, and contribute toward sound socio-economic development.
- 6. Being in an era of globalization, we shall respect cultural traditions and customs.
- 7. Should we have to choose between profit and ethics, we shall not hesitate to choose ethics.
- 8. We shall stand firmly against anti-social forces.
- 9. We shall strive to leave a richer and fairer society to our future generation.
- 10. Should we face difficulties regarding ethical issues, we shall strive to find solutions that satisfy everybody.
In engaging in global operations, Sun* Group will ensure a full understanding of the anti-corruption policies required of companies under local laws and regulations as well as international norms. We will implement necessary anti-corruption measures with the help of inside and outside lawyers to prevent risks of corruption, such as provision of entertainment and gifts, or rendering of money and other benefits to pursue illicit benefits. In addition, we provide training courses to officers and employees engaged in overseas business to teach and share with them a common understanding that certain business practices in developing countries involving entertainment, gifts and provision of benefits constitute corruption risks unique to overseas business.
"Number of employees disciplined/dismissed due to violation of anti-corruption policy: None (FY2020) Fines, penalties and settlement costs related to corruption: None (FY2020)"
1. Tax Governance
Tax issues in each country and region are addressed not only by receiving support from external experts, such as tax accountants, but also through direct communication with the tax authorities as necessary. We maintain a sincere attitude to the tax authorities and strive to maintain and improve tax-related corporate governance.
2. Transfer Pricing Taxation
3. Tax Planning and Tax Avoidance
Sun* determines countries and regions in which to establish foreign subsidiaries to carry out ordinary business activities and does not establish subsidiaries in "tax havens" for the purpose of avoiding taxes. Sun* will properly file and pay taxes should anti-tax haven rules apply.